On State of Hawaii Updates:
· Yesterday By order of the Governor of Hawaii, starting March 26th, all passengers on inbound international and Continental U.S. flights including private aircraft will be subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
· There are no cruise ships scheduled for Hawaii State for the next 2 weeks and policies on this will be addressed later.
· Mandatory quarantine protects the population from persons that may have potentially been exposed to the coronavirus and will be required by law to be isolated and monitored.
The following is an update on your Hawaii County:
· Three individuals on Hawaii Island are in quarantine and being monitored by the Department of Health after testing positive for coronavirus. All 3 are travel related.
· To minimize the potential of exposure at County and State Beach Parks all beaches are Closed.
· County personnel are working 7 days a week to keep you safe, crews have been out sanitizing public areas to lower the risk of coronavirus.
Additionally, your help is needed to prevent rumors about Coronavirus. Make sure your information is up-to-date and comes from a credible source. For more information regarding Coronavirus visit:
· Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation 7-7 daily at 935-0031.
· For details of the Governor’s order and more information on coronavirus, please visit hawaiicounty.gov/coronavirus.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.