On Department of Health Updates:
· The Department of Health reports that there are NO cases of coronavirus on Hawaii Island.
· The Department of Health, along with Hawaii Island healthcare partners, has established coronavirus test facilities in Hawaii County at the following locations;
o Hilo Medical Center
o Kona Community Hospital
o And, North Hawaii Community Hospital
· In order to be tested, please be advised that your physician or a health clinic must prescribe the test to be done, and you must have a valid ID and an insurance card. For those who do not have a healthcare doctor or insurance, evaluation will be conducted at the Emergency Room.
Update on Shipping:
· The Department of Transportation reports the Holland America Maasdam cruise ship, with NO cases of coronavirus reported onboard, which was scheduled to arrive in Hilo on Friday, will NOT be docking in Hilo.
The following is a Community Advisory on Keeping Hawaii Safe:
· As a reminder, You can make a difference right now by staying informed, following health advisories, and taking action to protect yourself and your family.
· Please continue following general hygiene practices of washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water and by disinfecting and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces.
Other Additional Information:
· In order to properly clean and disinfect public school facilities, the Department of Education announced that Spring Break, which started yesterday is extended to March 30th.
For more information regarding Coronavirus, Hawaii County has opened a call center to answer any of your questions concerning coronavirus in operation daily at 935-0031.
Your Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency will continue to give you daily updates and you will be notified of any changes that may affect your safety.